When the Hero, Kiefer, and Maribel enters the portal, they land in a hill not too far from Ballymolloy. Wondering how they got from the Estard Ruins to this place, Maribel leaves the two guys to find her way back to Pilchard Bay. She then screams in horror. When the Hero and Kiefer go to find out what had happened to her, they find out that she is being attacked by slimes. The three join forces and defeat the monsters. Maribel is horrified that there are monsters lurking about while Kiefer is ecstatic he fought them, believing that monsters only existed in fairy tales. While exploring the hill, they meet a lady named Maeve in front of a grave.
Due to the absence of flowers in the area, she used weeds to offer to the dead. But Maribel insists that she use flower seeds that she picked when she was in Estard. Maeve accepts them, and, after planting the seeds on the graves, escorts them to the village. Upon reaching the village, Maeve leaves them without even saying goodbye.
In the village, they see no women in the area, because all of them have been captured by monsters. They meet a boy named Patrick who is taking care of his father, Hanlon, who is injured. The villagers aren't able to go to the Colorstone Mine to get the medicine that would cure him due to the fact that the mine is overflowing with monsters. Patrick asks the party if they have seen Maeve, to which the party replies in the affirmative. He tells them about how Maeve saved his father from the monsters. He asks if they run into Maeve, they should ask her if she can get a green colorstone.
Upon reaching the mine, they meet Maeve again inside. They explain the situation to her about Hanlon, Patrick's father. However, she is unwilling to help. So the party takes it upon themselves to find the colorstone themselves.
Deep in the mine, they eventually saw a Green Colorstone, a colorstone able to heal Hanlon's injuries. Maeve, who shows up again, helps the party get a piece of the colorstone, and at the same time, gives them a wooden doll. She says that it is a memento of her brother, but she doesn't need it anymore.
The party return to Ballymolloy and give the colorstone to Patrick who applies it to his father's wounds. Patrick thanks the party for saving his father and in gratitude, he has the innkeeper put them up for the night for free. Before going to sleep, Maribel asks the hero whether or not they will ever see Pilchard Bay again. She then decides not to worry about it and goes to sleep.
Upon curing Hanlon, he joins the party for the trip to The Tower, a tower near the village in which is rumored to be the reason why the girls of the village had gone missing. At the peak of the tower, they fight the Clawser who is minding the tower while their boss is away. Upon defeating it, the boss of the tower appears. It is Maeve. The Clawser asks her to kill the people who entered the tower but she kills it instead. Maeve tells the party that what the monster said was true. They discover that Maeve's true form is a monster, that the girls will never return as long as she lives and that she is willing to die in exchange for the peace of Ballymolloy. They eventually defeat her. As Hanlon delivers the final blow, Maeve tells the party to return to the place where they first met.
When the party steps outside the tower, the sun shines on them. Hanlon wonders if the women have really returned as Maeve said they would so the party heads back to Ballymolloy. There they discover that Maeve told the truth. The women have returned. Hanlon returns to his son and tells him that he has defeated the monsters. When Patrick asks if they saw Maeve, Hanlon tells them that they did. Satisfied with that answer, Patrick leaves the area. Hanlon tells the party to return to the place where they first saw Maeve to see if there is a way to return home like she said. However, if it turns out that there isn't, he tells them to return and he would protect them.
After returning to the hill, they see Patrick around the grave where Maeve planted flower seeds. Much to everyone's surprise, the flowers are growing. The party give Patrick Maeve's wooden doll, not telling him that Maeve is actually dead. They return to the place where they landed in the forest and find a warp. Going through it, they find a way back to Estard.
When the party first arrives in Ballymolloy after unsealing it, the villagers remark on the bravery of the party on their voyage. When the party tries to tell them that the village just appeared, they respond that the village was always here. Other than that, there is not much to do here.
- Rexwood Hill - Found only in the past. This is where the party arrives via the fane.
- Ballymolloy - The village.
- Colorstone Mine - In these mines Colorstones exist. If the party puts two like colorstones together, they shatter. A green colorstone can be found in the past
- The Tower - Found only in the past. This is where the monster make their base. Maeve is the boss of the tower. Defeating her unseals the world in the present.
- Maeve - She was formerly a resident of Ballymolloy. Her brother, for whom the town was named, was killed while defending it from monsters. She became bitter at the residents and resented them. She became a monster and stole the women away in revenge.
- Hanlon - The town's warrior. He made the attempt to rescue the women but was defeated and near dying. Maeve, in an act of kindness, returns him to the town. He recovers with the party's help and takes back the women.
- Patrick - Hanlon's son. He takes care of Hanlon after his defeat to the monsters.
Ballymolloy shares part of it's name with Ballymoral (a town in Dragon Quest IV)
Ballymolloy has an Irish dialect.
|v · e · dDragon Quest VII|
• Al-Balad Coastal • Dark Palace • Deja • Dharma • Dialac • Emberdale • Estard • Falrod • Gorges • Hamelia • Krage • Litorud • Loomin • Mardra • Mentare • Mezar • Orph • Pilchard Bay • Probina • Ballymolloy • Sky Fane • Temple of Dharma • Verdham • Vogograd • Zion Cave