Churches are most commonly serviced by a pastor, but may also be found under the care of nuns, Zenithians or others.
Churches provide several important services to players:
- Confession: The pastor will record all of the Hero's deeds; this functions as the game's save system, replacing the previous password-based systems. The player will begin at the church they last saved at when they resume play.
- Resurrection: Resurrect party members who have fallen in battle, reviving them with a small amount of HP (usually 1/8th of their max, or simply 1 HP).
- Exorcism/Benediction: Remove curse status effect from an afflicted party member.
- Purification: Remove poison status effect from an afflicted party member.
- Divination: States the number of Experience Points the party members must gain in order to reach their next levels of experience.
All services except for confession and divination require a donation to the church, which escalates as characters level up.
|This article is a stub. Please help Dragon Quest Wiki by expanding it.|