Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Dragovians are an intelligent race of half-human, half-dragons in the world of Dragon Quest VIII, though little of them can be found out by the player until after the game's end.
The standard Dragovian isn't far off in appearance from a normal person; the difference in their human forms comes from their ears, which terminate into small dragon frills. They can apparently turn into full-fledged dragons, though their lord is the only one seen in-game to do this.
Dragovians aren't very fond of humans, despite being part-human themselves, and the single known Dragovian society is cut off from the rest of the human world.
Dragovian and Dragovian Related Characters
- Hero - The hero of the game turns out to be half-Dragovian, thus possibly one-fourth dragon. Very little in the game hints to this prior to the post-completion events regarding the Dragovians, except maybe the Dragon Soul attack ability if obtained prior to said events.
- Xia - The hero's mother, a Dragovian female that fell in love with the Argonian prince Eltrio.
- Chen Mui - The hero's grandfather, and father of Xia, who decided to follow the hero in the form of a mouse, Munchie.
- Lord of the Dragovians - The one who presides over the Dragovian race. He is incredibly powerful, more than even Rhapthorne, and is also the one responsible for placing a curse on the hero to seal away his memories of his original home, an act that would make him immune to all other curses.
- A muscular, elderly gent living in a hut atop the Waterfall Cave near Farebury is possibly a Dragovian. While he lacks the frill-ended ears of Dragovians, he dresses similarly, seems to know what (or possibly who) Munchie is, and tells of how popular cheese is back where he hails from and how he always gets too much pushed on him when he goes to visit, this cheese affinity being something the player becomes quickly familiar with during the events involving the Dragovians. He can offer these same cheeses to the hero, which can then be used in battle by the hero to enable Munchie to unleash breath moves.
- In many Dragon Quest games there is a spell called Puff! which turns the caster into a dragon for multiple turns. It is unknown if this spell is linked to the Dragovians and their transformations.
|v · e · dDragon Quest VIII|
Farebury Region • Alexandria Region • Maella Region • Kingdom of Ascantha • Pickham Region • Kingdom of Trodain • Land of Moles • The Ocean • The Holy Isle of Neos • Baccarat Region • Northwest Isle • Kingdom of Argonia • Blizzard Peaks • Savella Region • Isolated Plateau • World of Darkness • Untrodden Groves
|Towns and Castles||
Farebury • Alexandria • Port Prospect • Peregrin Quay • Maella Abbey • Simpleton • Riverside Chapel • Ascantha • Pickham • Monster Arena • Princess Minnie's Castle • Neos • Seaview Church • Baccarat • Chateau Felix • Argonia • Arcadia • Chapel of Autumn • Marta's Cottage • Orkutsk • Empycchu • Tryan Gully • Savella Cathedral
Waterfall Cave • Tower of Alexandria • Ruined Abbey • Swordsman's Labyrinth • Trodain • Royal Hunting Grounds • Dark Ruins • Rydon's Tower • Herb Grotto • Pirate's Cove • Godbird's Eyrie • Dragon Graveyard • Black Citadel