Fygg (Japanese: 女神の果実 Megami no Kajitsu, Fruit of Goddess) is the fruit that comes from the Yggdrasil Tree upon receiving some amount of Benevolessence. Fyggs have the power to make the dreams of those who eat them come true, but the wish is rarely granted in the way the wisher has in mind. There are seven fyggs that the player must collect but after the final boss an eighth fygg falls from the sky, to be collected by Lleviathan.
Game description: A golden fruit of the Great World Tree Yggdrasil.
Characters who have eaten Fyggs
- Jack of Alltrades (transformed into the Master of Nu'un)
- Dylan Jones (became a Lleviathan)
- Mason (created a monster guardian called Garth Goyle)
- Marion (ate it to bring life to Marionette, died from illness and replaced with Marionette)
- Drak (failed to transform into a mortal, transformed into Grand Lizzier)
- Sarantsatsral (was able to disguise herself to assume a mortal identity)
- Sir Sternious Swinedimple (came back to "discipline" students as the Dreadmaster)
- Hero/Heroine (one to become mortal in order to fight Corvus; another to regain the ability to see the supernatural)
- The Fyggs appear to be based on the Apples of Eden, as eating them are forbidden and bring forth an ill fate when consumed.
- This is further supported by the tale of Adam and Eve, who ate the fruit and were given divine judgement by God.
- Despite this, the Hero and Marionette were not given a severe after-effect such as the others. It is possible that in the Hero's case, his cause was righteous as he wanted to help the world, and could not take arms against his superior as he was Celestrian and not Mortal. In Marionette's case, she is not Mortal nor Celestrian, and cannot possibly be judged by the fygg's divine powers. (This, however, is questionable, as it was Marion who ate the fygg and died almost immediately afterwards, which may have been her ill fate.)