|Dragon Quest VIII|
Jessica Albert is a character in VIII. A girl from a good home, she comes from a wealthy family in the small village of Alexandria. However, contrary to her upbringing, she is unskilled in the social niceties and expected behavior of her environment, which often leads to conflict with her mother. She joins up with the Hero for personal reasons, strengthening the party with her flair for offensive magic. Something of a tomboy, Jessica is nothing like her mother, who expects her to be prim and proper in public.
Magic is far from Jessica's only strength; she is also an outstanding fighter. Whips, staves, knives and later swords are her weapons of choice.
Jessica has red hair in a form of long pigtails with a few strands of it hanging over her face. She wears a low-cut purple blouse with sleeves starting at the upper part of her arm. She has a yellow, corsette-like, article of clothing around her stomach and waist which has a auburn belt around it that a small pouch hangs from. She has a long, maroon colored skirt that has a white frill at the bottom. You can see that she has brownish-black tights under the skirt, and pointed, brown shoes, in which the tights are tucked into.
Jessica also has other outfits such as:
- Jessica's Outfit
- This is the outfit you first see Jessica in when you meet her.
- This is Jessica's only outfit that doesn't show off her mature curves. She has a white dress shirt with a red tie. Her skirt is long and black. It is found in her closet in Alexandria after obtaining her.
- Dancer's Outfit
- This outfit consists of a white bra and a reddish-orange skirt tied off at the hip.
- Bunny Costume
- This outfit can be made if you put the Silk Bustier and the Bunny Tail in the Alchemy Pot. The appearance change is triggered by equipping Jessica with with the the bunny suit along with bunny ears and fishnet stocking. The result is a black Playboy Bunny outfit. It can also be obtained by clearing the second level of the monster arena.
- Magic Bikini
- This outfit increases Jessica's magic defence. This outfit is a blue and yellow bikini with a miniskirt-like article of clothing around her waist.
- Dangerous Bustier
- The only purpose of this outfit is to use it in the Alchemy Pot to make the Divine Bustier. It is a black corset-like article with an open slash in the front which is laced to keep from falling apart.
- It straps around the back and and the part covering her rear is shaped like a heart. Two are found in the game so you can have the dangerous and divine bustier at the same time.
- Divine Bustier
- Jessica's most defensive outfit. It increases her evasion and defense greatly. She has a purple and gold, low-cut blouse that is tied off to a brace-like necklace. And in the middle of this blouse is a laced open part that shows her skin, but can look like a zipper if not examined closely. She has a miniskirt attached to the blouse, but most of her legs are covered by white, decorated with purple and gold tights. She wears long, white gloves with a similar decoration than her tights. She has wings (strictly for style) on her back. This whole outfit strongly resembles the Staff of Resurrection.
Jessica is introduced after The Hero and Yangus reach the top of the Tower of Alexandria, mistaking the two as the murderers of her brother, Alistair, who was slain by Dhoulmagus. After witnessing a vision of her brother's demise, learning it was the evil jester, she has a change of heart and resolves to join the party. However, her mother initially refuses, causing a falling out between the two. After joining the group and traveling to the Maella Abbey, Jessica plays a key role in ringing in the flirtacious Angelo. Later on, after destroying Dhoulmagus, Jessica retrieves the scepter of Rhapthorne, and is suddenly possessed by its dark power. After a difficult battle, Jessica is freed from the staff's influence, and relies the truth about the party's real enemy. At the end of the story, Jessica has reconciled with her mother and informs the player of what has transpired after the defeat of Rhapthorne.
|Attack +5||-||4||-||-||Increases attack by 5 when equipped with dagger/sword|
|Toxic Dagger||2||9||one||Yes||Chance to poison enemy.|
|Attack + 10||-||15||-||-||Increases attack by 10 when equipped with dagger/sword|
|Assassin's Stab||2||22||one||yes||Chance to instantly kill an enemy.|
|Edge Master||-||30||-||-||Jessica can equip Swords.|
|Critical Hit Up||-||40||-||-||Increases critical hit rate with daggers/swords.|
|Attack +20||-||52||-||-||Increases attack by 20 when equipped with dagger/sword|
|Toxic Sword||4||66||one||yes||Improved Toxic Dagger.|
|Attack +30||-||82||-||-||Increases attack by 30 when equipped with dagger/sword|
|Sudden Death||2||100||one||yes||Improved Assasin Stab.|
|Attack +5||-||5||-||-||Increases attack by 5 when equipped with whip|
|Whiplash||4||10||group||yes||Normal attack that may paralyzes enemies for 5-8|
|Attack +10||-||16||-||-||Increases attack by 10 when equipped with whip|
|Twin Dragon Lash||3||23||group||yes||Strikes twice with 150% damage|
|Lady's Thong||2||32||group||yes||Steals enemy HP (13% of damage dealt to the first enemy)|
|Attack +15||-||43||-||-||Increases attack by 15 when equipped with whip|
|Lashings of Love||4||55||group||yes||50% more damage, may paralyzes enemies for 5-10 turns and has a greater chance than Whiplash|
|Attack +25||-||68||-||-||Increases attack by 25 when equipped with whip|
|Queen's Thong||2||82||group||yes||An improved version of Lady's Thong|
|Serpent's Bite||8||100||group||yes||Causes 50% more damage then a regular attack. The damage decreases with each enemy that is hit|
|Acceleratle||3||3||party||-||Increases the party's speed.|
|Kasap||4||7||group||-||Decreases a group of enemies' defense.|
|Max MP +20||-||13||-||-||Increases Max MP by 20 while equipped with a staff|
|Bounce||4||21||self||-||Reflects all spells (including allies).|
|Magic Barrier||3||31||party||-||Creates a magic barrier around the party that lessens the damage of enemys spells.|
|Max MP +50||-||55||-||-||Increases Max MP by 50 while equipped with a staff|
|Caduceus||0||57||one||yes||Heals a party member 75-100 HP|
|MP Recovery||-||70||-||-||Jessica gains 2-6 MP a turn.|
|Max MP +100||-||84||-||-||Increases Max MP by 100 while equipped with a staff|
|Kazing||15||100||one||-||Brings a party member back to life completely restoring their health with a 100% chance rate.|
|Aatack +5||-||5||-||-||Attack power +5 while fighting barehanded|
|Attack +10||-||13||-||-||Attack power +10 while fighting barehanded|
|Stone Throw||0||19||group||yes||Jessica throws stones at the enemy|
|Critical Hit Up||-||28||-||-||Jessica's critical hit chance with a barehanded attack increases|
|Attack +20||-||35||-||-||Attack power +20 while fighting barehanded|
|Harvest Moon||6||45||all||yes||Jessica does cartwheels, attacking a group of enemies|
|Evasion Up||-||52||-||-||Gives Jessica a higher chance of dodging enemy attacks while fighting barehanded|
|Thin Air||2||68||all||yes||Jessica sends waves of thin air hitting all enemies for damage based on her level.|
|Attack +35||-||85||-||-||Attack power +35 while fighting barehanded|
|Magic Burst||all||100||all||yes||Jessica uses all of her MP in one destructive attack|
|Blow Kiss||0||8||one||yes||Jessica blows a kiss at the enemy to stun them with the power of love|
|Charm Attack||-||18||-||-||Jessica has a 1/16 chance of immobilizing the enemy after a physical attack (or skill) (Passive)|
|Fuddle||5||26||group||-||Has a chance of confusing the enemy group.|
|Puff-Puff||0||38||one||-||Jessica squeezes her breasts to stun the enemy with seduction. Does not show action on screen|
|Hip Drop||0||48||one||yes||Jessica hits the enemy with her hip. Deals 50% more damage than a normal attack.|
|Sexy Beam||3||54||one||yes||Jessica moves her hands along her body in a seducing way then blasts the enemy with a pink ray|
|Kasnooze||8||68||all||-||Jessica Puts the enemy to sleep for 2-5 turns. It is more likely to succeed than Snooze|
|Improved Charm Attack||-||78||-||-||Jessica has a 1/8 chance of immobilizing the enemy after a physical attack (or skill) (Passive)|
|Pink Typhoon||5||88||group||yes||Jessica spins around creating a pink wind storm|
Jessica dances to heal a bit of HP to the whole party (around 70-100 to everyone requiring no MP)
|Frizz||2||9||one||Singes a single enemy with a small fireball.|
|Crack||3||10||one||Pierces a single enemy with razor-sharp icicles.|
|Evac||2||11||field||Warps the party out of a dungeon.|
|Sizz||11||group||Singes a group of enemies with a blazing fire.|
|Snooze||3||12||one||Puts a group of enemies to sleep.|
|Bang||5||14||group||Damages all enemies with a small explosion.|
|Crackle||5||16||group||Rips into a group of enemies with sharp icicles.|
|Oomph||6||19||one||Increases the attack of a single party member.|
|Sizzle||20||group||Burns a group of enemies with a blazing wall fo fire.|
|Insulatle||8||25||party||Forms a barrier that protects the party from ice and fire spells.|
- Ayana Taketatsu (Japanese) - VIII and The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- Emma Ferguson (English) - VIII
- Jaimi Barbakoff (English) - The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- With the only differences being hair color and age, Jessica looks similar to Bouquet, one the main characters of Blue Dragon, an anime and video game series that Akira Toriyama worked on as a character designer.
|This article is a stub. Please help Dragon Quest Wiki by expanding it.|
|v · e · dDragon Quest VIII|
Farebury Region • Alexandria Region • Maella Region • Kingdom of Ascantha • Pickham Region • Kingdom of Trodain • Land of Moles • The Ocean • The Holy Isle of Neos • Baccarat Region • Northwest Isle • Kingdom of Argonia • Blizzard Peaks • Savella Region • Isolated Plateau • World of Darkness • Untrodden Groves
|Towns and Castles||
Farebury • Alexandria • Port Prospect • Peregrin Quay • Maella Abbey • Simpleton • Riverside Chapel • Ascantha • Pickham • Monster Arena • Princess Minnie's Castle • Neos • Seaview Church • Baccarat • Chateau Felix • Argonia • Arcadia • Chapel of Autumn • Marta's Cottage • Orkutsk • Empycchu • Tryan Gully • Savella Cathedral
Waterfall Cave • Tower of Alexandria • Ruined Abbey • Swordsman's Labyrinth • Trodain • Royal Hunting Grounds • Dark Ruins • Rydon's Tower • Herb Grotto • Pirate's Cove • Godbird's Eyrie • Dragon Graveyard • Black Citadel