Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Legendary Set is the name given to the best pieces of equipment in Dragon Quest IX. They have four 'forms' as explained below.
The first form of each piece of equipment can be dropped by grotto bosses. The weapons can be acquired from rank 10 chests.
The second form is acquired by alchemising a piece of first form equipment with 1 Agate of Evolution and 1 certain colored Orb.
The third form is made when an alchemiracle is failed. They are made by alchemising a second form piece of equipment, three Agates of Evolution, and three certain colored Orbs.
The fourth form is made when you succeed an alchemiracle. The recipe is the same as third form, but there is a chance between 10 and 50% of making the five-star gear.
Acquiring Legendary Equipment
There are two ways of doing this. Each grotto boss (with the exception of Greygnarl) has a 2% chance of dropping the first form of a piece of legendary equipment. You can use the Hoimi table to acquire them this way, or defeat the bosses a lot.
The second way is through DQVC. Some weeks, the first form of some legendary equipment is available to buy.
- Brain Drainer - Psyche Swiper - Devilry Drinker - Soul Sucker
- Hallowed Helm - Blessed Helm - Wonder Helm - Heavenly Helm
- Spring Breeze Hat - Summer Cloud Hat - Autumn Shower Hat - Winter Sky Hat (no alchemiracle)
- Victorious Armour - Glorious Armour - Mythical Armour - Legendary Armour
- Tropotoga - Stratotoga - Mesotoga - Exotoga
- Angel's Robe - Archangel's Robe - Aeon's Robe - Seraph's Robe
- Vesta Gauntlets - Diana Gauntlets - Tempestes Gauntlets - Sol Invictus Gauntlets
- Apprentice's Gloves - Master's Gloves - Grandmaster's Gloves - Godly Gloves
- Invicible Trousers - Immortal Trousers - Eternity Trousers - Infinity Trousers
- Hero's Boots - Basilic Boots - Emperor's Boots - Boots of Beautitude
- Sensible Sandals - Sagacious Sandals - Sapient Sandals - Sentient Sandals
- Stardust Sword - Nebula Sword - Supernova Sword - Hypernova Sword
- Poker - Stud Poker - Split-Pot Poker - Red-Hot Poker
- Deft Dagger - Darting Dagger - Dashing Dagger - Dynamo Dagger
- Bright Staff - Shining Staff - Brilliant Staff - Aurora Staff
- Gringham Whip - Mega Gringham Whip - Giga Gringham Whip - Über Gringham Whip
- Knockout Rod - Senseless Stick - Catatonic Cosh - Coma Cudgel
- Dragonlord Claws - Dragovian Claws - Dragovian Lord Claws - Xenlon Claws
- Critical Fan - Overcritical Fan - Hypercritical Fan - Dire Critical Fan
- Bad Axe - Maxi Axe - Climaxe - Galaxy Axe
- Groundbreaker - Earthsplitter - Moonmasher - Starsmasher
- Meteorang - Asterang - Stellarang - Galaxarang
- Angel's Bow - Archangel's Bow - Aeon's Bow - Seraph's Bow