Castle and Towns
- Santa Rosa (Whealbrook) : A town in the middle of the northern continent. Papas and the hero live in a house here. There is a deep cave in the village. After Reinhardt invades, it is turned into ruins.
- Alcapa (Roundbeck) : A town west of Santa Rosa, it contains a large inn. Bianca is the foster daughter of the innkeeper, Duncan.
- Lenoire Castle (Uptaten Towers) : A haunted castle to the north of Alcapa. The rulers of the castle, King Eric and Queen Sofia, had no child, so their royal line came to an end.
- Reinhardt (Coburg) : A castle town to the northeast of Santa Rosa. It is the home of Princes Henry and Dale. Papas and the hero are caught up in a dispute over the line of succession.
- Oracleberry (Fortuna) : A town south of Santa Rosa. There is a large casino at the center of town. This town contains many shops, including the only fortune-tellers in the game, which only do business at night: the "Oracle house" and "Baba's fortune-telling shop".
- Port Selmi (Lodestar Harbour) : A port town on the northwestern continent. It has a lighthouse and a large saloon. In the PS2 version there is also a lottery.
- Kabochi (Hay) : A small village to the south of Port Selmi. The inhabitants are suspicious of strangers; they have recently been plagued by a monster living in a cave to the west.
- Rurafen (Zoomingale) : A town west of Port Selmi. It is built in a labyrinthine fashion to prevent attacks by monsters. An alchemist named Bennett is researching a special spell.
- Salabona: A town in the southeast part of the continent. A millionaire named Ludman lives in a large mansion villa, and there is also a large church here. Ludman built a lookout tower to protect the town.
- Mountain village: An unnamed village to the north of Salabona. Duncan and Bianca have emigrated here from Alcapa. The village also manages the floodgates which block access to the Hot Springs. The inhabitants are skilled at making veils.
- Telpador (Helmunaptra) : A castle in the southwestern, desert continent. Queen Isis governs here, and guards the helmet of the Legendary Hero.
- Chizotto: A village deep in the mountains of the southeastern continent, to the south of Granvania. The castle is visible from a suspension bridge in the town. It is connected to the ground by a network of caves, with the southern cave near Ned's Inn and the northern cave near Granvania. In the PS2 version, it is covered with snow.
- Granvania (Gotha) : A castle in a forest on the southeastern continent. Its architecture is similar to that of Neuschwanstein Castle. It is the home of Papas and the hero. A whole town is safely nestled inside the castle. The Cave of Ordeals is to the northwest.
- El Heven (Lofty Peak): Martha's hometown, a village in a basin on the northeastern continent. It is governed by four elders. In the SFC version it is an elaborate three-dimensional structure elevated on columns; in the PS2 version it is a mountain. They have traditionally guarded the gate to the Demon World, and kept the secret of how to open it, but in recent times that skill has been lost.
- Castle Zenithia (クラウド城 or ゼニスの城): The traditional home of the Master Dragon, as seen in the fourth game. But one of the Orbs which powered it was lost, so it fell from the sky, landing in a lake to the south of El Heven. If the Orb were replaced, it could fly once more.
- Tower of Heaven: A tower on the central continent. It is much the same as in Dragon Quest IV, but is dilapidated and has lost the top floors.
- Fairy castle: North of the Tower of Heaven, hidden beyond a fog-shrouded lake, is the castle of the fairy queen. The second floor is decorated with a mysterious picture.
- Great Temple: A large temple at the top of Sentobereth Mountain, in the north of the central continent. It is dedicated to the Order of Light. The founder of the Order, Iburu, lives in the labyrinth underneath it. It can only be reached with the aid of the Master Dragon.
This plane is smaller than the mortal world. It is visited in the first and second eras; it is in winter in the first era, and spring in the second. In the second era of the SFC version, only the village is accessible; but the PS2 version allows the player to leave and explore the surrounding fields.
- Fairy village (Fairielea) : The only village in the Fairy World. Humans, fairies, and monsters all live here together. It is ruled by Powan.
The evil world which is the home of the Great Demonlord. Also known as the Demon World. There is no distinction between day and night here; it is always dark.
- Gehenna: The only town in the Dark World. It is inhabited by demons who have been turned into humans by Martha. It has a different layout and appearance in the SFC and PS2 versions.
- Evil Mountain (Mt Zugzwang): Home of the Great Demonlord Mirudraas. It is the final dungeon of the game.
- Mysterious cave: A cave hidden to the south of the Evil Mountain. (It is the hidden dungeon). It is inhabited by the strongest monsters, and filled with complex traps, including an infinite loop. Estark sleeps in the deepest part of the cave.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia-ja (view authors).|