|Dragon Quest IV|
|Family|| Maya (sister)|
Mahabala (father) †
Meena (formerly Nara) is a playable character from IV.
Meena is nearly the spitting image of Maya, her older sister. Compared to her sister, Meena dresses much more conservatively, though they wear identical headpieces. Meena carries a crystal ball everywhere, which she uses to tell fortunes.
Meena is an extremely reserved and quiet person, and very rational. This disposition leads her to often scold her sister for her poor judgement regarding their money, and her general laid-back demeanor. But despite these stern traits Meena is still a very kind person at heart, looking out for her sister when the two set out to avenge their father's murder, and charging only a minuscule amount for gold for her fortune-telling services.
Chapter 4 is set with Maya and Meena performing at a town populated almost entirely by entertainers and tourists. They use their job as a cover and the town as a base to investigate the murder of their father, a prominent alchemist. Though they suspect his apprentice, Balzack, killed him in order to steal the Secret of Evolution, they have nothing to back up their claims, and keep them to themselves for the time being.
After following the trail through several towns across the entire country, they finally confront the murderer at his castle. Unfortunately, despite their best efforts he soundly defeats them in battle and throws them into the dungeon. Luckily, its only other occupant points them to a secret exit, and after they escape they flee directly to Endor.
In Chapter 5, Meena is attempting to continue her fortune-telling business but Maya blows all the gold they'd earned on their journey at the Casino, leaving them fairly stranded in the city. Luckily, the Hero has been told to seek out his destined allies, and locates Maya and Meena in short order. When Meena reads his fortune, she realizes that he is the prophesied hero and joins the party.
A while later in Chapter 5, the party confronts Balzack, at Castle Zamokvsa. He has used an imperfect version of the Secret of Evolution to become Baalzack, but the party is still able to kill him, avenging the death of the sisters' father.
As a spellcaster, Meena posses low Strength, Defence, and HP, but high Wisdom, Luck, and MP, and many useful healing and buff spells.
One of Meena's most unique traits is her ability to read her Silver Tarot Cards during battle, with each card causing a very different effect. It seems that when you use the Silver Tarot Cards a lot, you would always draw the Fool.
- Justice: Casts Poof on all enemies and sends them flying into the blue.
- Devil: Casts Kasap on all foes.
- Death: Casts Whack on one enemy.
- Sun: Restores a moderate to large amount of health to all allies.
- Moon: Lowers the accuracy of all enemies.
- Strength: Casts Oomph on a random ally
- Star: Doubles the amount of experience and gold received after the current battle.
- Tower: Casts a weakened version of Zap.
- Fool: Casts Thwack on the entire party!
|Dragon Quest IV (DS)|
- Along with her sister Maya, Meena makes a cameo appearance in Dragon Quest VII.
- Along with her sister Maya, Meena appears at the questers rest in Dragon Quest IX.
- It is believed that Cleohatra, the ruler of Helmunaptra in Dragon Quest V, is Meena's descendant, since the kingdom was said to have been founded by one the legendary hero's companions. Also, like Meena, Cleohatra has the ability to look into the future.
|This article is a stub. Please help Dragon Quest Wiki by expanding it.|