The Order of Zugzwang is a religious organization in Dragon Quest V. Founded by King Korol, their creed is create a "White King's Paradise" to save everyone from the coming darkness. In reality, they worship Grandmaster Nimzo as a god and is a front for infiltration by the forces of Nadiria.
Their main temple, Crocodilopolis, was built on Mount Azimuth using slave labour in the place of a demolished temple to the Goddess. Both the Hero and Prince Harry spent ten years labouring here as slaves until they managed to escape
The members of the Order are:
- King Korol: The white king and nominal leader of the Order of Zugzwang. It is later revealed after being defeated that Ladja is the true master of the order.
- Queen Ferz: A priestess for the order whose true form is slain by the heroes during their storm into Crocodilopolis.
- Bishop Ladja: A high priest who does the dirty work for the order and is responsible for much of the Hero's hardship. It is revealed that he is the true second of command to Nimzo and is finally defeated on Mt. Zugzwang
- Kon the Knight: A pawn of Ladja who is defeated in Knightmare Towers with the help of the Hero's wife
- Slon the Rook: A pawn of Ladja who is killed in the Talon Tower
Monsters in the cult:
|This article is a stub.|
Please help Dragon Quest Wiki by expanding it.