The Silver Orb is a recurring item in Dragon Quest with some importance but varies by its usage and purpose.
In order to receive the orb from the man at the Shrine of Gondo, the heroes must first throw the Sword of Gaia into the volcano. This opens the path to the Gondo Cave. After passing through the cave, the heroes can arrive at the shrine.
Due to setup required to reach the shrine, and the powerful monsters in and around the Gondo Cave, the silver orb is designed to be the final orb received of the six orbs. Getting the silver orb is actually the longest subquest in Dragon Quest III aside from collecting all six orbs to get Ramia.
- Retrieve Lar Mirror from Cave Southwest of Samanao.
- Visit Samanao at night and defeat Boss Troll, receive Staff of Change
- Visit Greenlad and exchange staff for Sailors Thighbone.
- Track down the Phantom Ship and retrieve Locket of Love.
- Use locket to enter the Shrine Jail.
- Search Eric's corpse to find the Sword of Gaia.
- Throw the sword into the volcano west of Baharata.
- Travel across the filled river to Gondo Cave.
- Complete the cave and visit the Shrine of Gondo.
- A ridiculously rare orb of sparkling silver. Alchemise it! - Dragon Quest IX game description
The silver orb reappears in Dragon Quest IX as a very exotic alchemy ingredient, used for some of the highest alchemy recipes. It is a rare drop from the Baramos, Zoma, and (at a certain level range) Nokturnus legacy bosses. You can also receive the silver orb as a reward for completing Quest #153, Not-So-Jolly Roger.
|This article is a stub. Please help Dragon Quest Wiki by expanding it.|