Hi, welcome to Dragon Quest Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Excalipurr page.
No, I didn't draw those character profiles! (I probably could though. . . )
hey fang, Kingemocut here, it was me who added the badges, can you explain why they're evil please? the reason i added them is to try to keep people as intrested in editing as possible, even when i've been fairly away due to college work. Breaking Benjamin?well, enjoy the silence. (my website) 23:47, March 31, 2014 (UTC)\
- First off, you should seek community consensus before making changes like that. Perhaps you did, I couldn't find anything in the forums, but I might be wrong. Secondly, they're broken; they are extremely buggy and are just not worth the trouble. Most importantly, they're stupid and unnecessary. If people's only incentive to edit is to earn badges, then that's a problem. They provoke bad edits as well; users may edit the same page over and over again just to earn a badge. Not only are the edits generally nonconstructive (on my home wiki I've seen a LOT of spam and vandalism due to the implementation of badges), but it is a pain to go through the revisions to patrol for any unwanted edits. If users have a genuine interest in improving the quality of wiki content, then that should be enough of an incentive to edit. Fang (Talk) 05:26, April 1, 2014 (UTC)
- you're right, i should have seeked community consensus, it was a stupid thing to do without asking the community.
- can i ask how they are buggy? they normally start counting when they're first implimented..
- it might be true that they are stupid, but lets say you edited on the wikia day after day with meaningful edits, or that you found a ton of sprites/images that no one else could. you'd want to know you had dun good. when people doublepost stuff, or provide spam edits, then i normally give them 1-3 chances, depending on how bad.
- i use a RSS feed reader to see every edit, including the wikia scripting when someone just visits the site with a logged on account (i think it is). it's how i spotted the person who i had to ban last time, for adding false infomation, and adding genitalia names instead of legitimate info. Breaking Benjamin?well, enjoy the silence. (my website) 11:09, June 27, 2014 (UTC)